Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What I'm Hungry For

Everyone has an appetite, so what are you hungry for?  Our pastor asked this question as part of our recent sermon series about the importance of healthy lifestyles.  Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? Corinthians 6:19 Eating healthier has been a desire of mine for years, but the list of excuses has outweighed that desire for just as long.  Whether we were in the middle of a move, adoption, traveling or pregnancy, I always had a reason that it was not a good time for something drastic and complicated.  Other than being in a constant state of flux, I feared the return of migraines that always come when I change my eating habits.
While at a women's event in December, I came across Manna.  It first caught my eye because whenever the kids ask what's for dinner, I tell them "manna."  When the people of Israel saw it, they said to one another, “What is it?” For they did not know what it was... Now the house of Israel called its name manna. Exodus 16:15, 31 But then I listened to the ladies present the product over and over again throughout the day (my booth was across from theirs).  This nutritional supplement is filled with vitamins, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and more.  It doesn't have all of the junk that you don't need like sweeteners, preservatives, gluten and chemicals.  As if that wasn't enough, I listened to the testimonials of these ladies, one of whom suffered from migraines until starting Manna and the other who used it to replace her prenatal vitamins.  It sounded too good to be true, but worth trying. 
I was finally at a point when my hunger for health overpowered my excuses. Armed with a tool that could boost my health, I started Manna in January.  Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. Daniel 1:12 I was amazed at the changes, even one the first day.  A shake at breakfast satisfied me until lunchtime!  Even at 1 pm, I was able to eat a much smaller lunch than I was used to and again feel full until dinner when I would again eat a small meal.  My energy level was higher throughout the day and I did not experience a migraine.  I also noticed a strange side effect - my cravings for things like candy and chips diminished.  I recalled hearing that when your body is satisfied with the nutrition it needs, then the cravings for junk would go away, but this was unreal!  Without even trying, I lost 25 pounds in 3 months.  Even my kids said they felt better when they started their days with Manna.  At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food.   Daniel 1:15
In March, our family took a road trip and the quality of our meals suffered.  I continued drinking my shake every morning, but I also fell back into the habit of eating things that I should have avoided while we attended a wedding, visited Disneyland and enjoyed the company of family and friends over countless meals.  Since then, we have been traveling to conferences and I have not been able to get back to the eating habits I enjoyed at the beginning of this year.  While my weight loss has slowed and I have experienced an occasional migraine, I still notice a marked improvement in my energy level compared to the days when I couldn't get my shake until lunch or dinner and my weight has held steady. 
I'm looking forward to getting back to a calmer routine and better eating again after our last conference this weekend.  With the warmer weather and my improved energy, I'm eager to get outside and start exercising because what I'm really hungry for isn't health.  My appetite is for a long life serving the Lord with my family.

If you'd like to try Manna risk free, click here.  You will also find shake recipes, testimonials, and FAQ.

All scripture is English Standard Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment