Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


My mom’s grandma passed away almost three years ago.  Before she passed away, we visited her almost weekly, often spending the night or a weekend with her and Papa.  She went shopping with us, helped Mom with things that needed to be done, and always showed us how much she loved us.  She was never in a hurry and she always included us in what she was doing.  This is for her.

Happy Mother’s Day Grandma!  I miss you a lot!  I wish you could spend Mother’s Day with us, but I know that you’re in heaven and it is better for you there. If you were here, I’d give you a bouquet of flowers and make a delicious dinner for you and Papa. 

I remember a day when I was about five years old and we were at your house.  I was playing dolls in Mommy’s old bedroom and you came to check on me.  Wanting you to join in my game, I told you that we were both teachers and that our students lived at school.  You replied, “I don’t know how to play that, but I do know how to plant flowers. I think we should go plant some. What do you think?”  I thought that was a great idea and pulled you outside because I was so excited.  From that day on, I have enjoyed gardening and looking at flowers. Thank you for taking time to share your loves and teach me. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment