Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Photo Not Available

My husband loves to tell stories and our kids love to hear them.  It's a win-win situation.  My mother-in-law passed away while my husband and I were dating, but we were determined that her grandkids would know about her.  Every year on her birthday, we make a special dinner and a cake.  We linger at the table and my husband and I tell stories about her.  We would show photos, but we have very few of her.  Our kids have memorized the few that we have because they are on display throughout our home. 
Like most people, I don't enjoy having my picture taken.  When I think of my in-laws (both passed away when we were young), I willingly get in front of the camera so my children and grandchildren can have some visual reminders of our memories.  Whether my family chooses to celebrate my birthday is up to them, but I want to give them something to hold on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment