Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1st Day of School

The first day of the school year is still strange for me. We never really stop teaching and learning, so when does one year stop and the next start?  In the past we marked the first day of the local school calendar as our first day of school.  This year, we went to California for the summer and missed the first day of school.  I arbitrarily picked yesterday as the first day of school.  It wasn't a great day to pick, but we made it work.  My oldest daughter had a doctor's appointment that resulted in lab work, x-rays, and another appointment later in the day.  The other two girls weren't exactly in the mood for school and it was a trying day for all of us.  If nothing else, I was reminded that we can always work things out and make the best of what we have.  My primary goal this year is to work on character and Bible lessons and we accomplished those assignments as well as a few others.  Today the girls all got right to work when they rolled out of bed and we accomplished more than yesterday with less stress.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow ad all that it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment